Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm Still Blessed

I underwent various laboratory examinations for the past two weeks mainly because I'm complaining of irregular menses. My gynecologist decided to do another ultrasound but she cannot see anything wrong with my ovaries and my uterus.

It was good news that she still did not find anything wrong but I wasn't relieved. I feel that there's something wrong with me and I have to know the cause of all these bad feelings. She then advised me to have my thyroid checked, among others.

I had blood tests which they call T3, T4 and TSH. After seeing the result of my blood tests, my gynecologist advised me to see an Endocrinologist. I had to endure 2 more days since the schedule of the Endocrinologist is every Tuesday and Thursday.

I went to see the Endocrinologist on Tuesday (September 21, 2010). He told me that I'm suffering from hypothyroidism and that there's no cure. I don't know if I would be happy or sad... I don't really know what I felt that time. Somehow, I felt relieved... because at least now, I know that this is the cause of the laziness, the falling hair, the small aches and pains in my body, and my irregular menses.

The doctor gave me a medicine which I should take everyday... for the rest of my life. I would have to undergo another test after a month just to monitor the thyroxine level in my blood.

Despite this sickness, I know that I'm still blessed. I am blessed with a family that never ceases to support me, with a partner who continues to be patient and takes care of me, and with friends who go to the hospital with me and those who always listen and are there whenever I need them. This is my way of saying thank you to all of you!

No comments: