Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Celebrating my bestfriend's birthday in Baguio City


I was back in the City of Pines the other week. My friends and I left for Baguio City on the early morning of January 30 (Friday). It's my bestfriend's birthday and we decided to celebrate it with a trip. We brought a car going there instead of taking the public transport. Thanks to my bestfriend's husband who patiently drove us to and from Baguio City.

It was a pleasant drive, though I was asleep almost the whole time since I was not able to sleep for the past nights. We passed through the Subic Clark Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX)which is the shortest and fastest route possible. We likewise took the Kennon Road instead of the Marcos Highway. We reached Baguio City after almost four (4) hours of driving.

We were so excited to be there and we immediately had our pictures taken by the Lion's Club Monument along Kennon Road. The next thing we did was to drive around looking for a place to eat. Since I was there last December, I suggested that we eat in Good Taste Restaurant where I had dinner with my other friends before. Unfortunately, I didn't remember where it is located so we had to drive around, ask for directions before we found it. Our time wasn't wasted, we found the restaurant and had so much fun eating.

After lunch, we decided to find a place to stay and rest for a while. We stayed in Dauz Pension House which is very near SM Baguio and the other places of interest. It's a simple pension house which is large enough for the five of us. I finally slept for a few hours and woke up refreshed. We went out after the wonderful rest and walked around Session Road.

We had dinner in the pension house since we still have a lot of food left from our lunch. It was so much fun simply eating inside our room, having fun among ourselves. I realize that simple things can be so much fun when you do it with people who matters to you.

The following day, we were out of the pension house by 7:30 AM since we were going to buy some vegetables and other stuff that we need to bring home. When we were there, I found a coffee bean store and had so much fun choosing from among the different varieties of coffee beans. I ended up buying Arabica and Mocha coffee beans although what I really wanted was to buy the Alamid or Civet Coffee. I also bought potato balls which I really don't know how to cook but I wanted to experiment so I bought it.

After that, we had our breakfast in Zola Restaurant. I loved the free flowing coffee and the meal which includes bacons, egg, fried rice and a sausage. It was a good way to end our stay in Baguio City.

3 comments:

The Islander said...

sabi ko na nga bat umanggulo lang si mel dun sa avvy nya eh. nalinlang ako dun ah. kala ko pumayat na talaga. haha. hapi bday mheldrid daroy! at kamusta naman ang dalawang daroy??? si marcus ba e marcia pa rin? haha.

Rizza said...

haha... salbahe ka JP lagot ka kay mhel pag nabasa niya ang comment na toh...

anyway, thanks for dropping by :)

The Islander said...

haha! di makapagcomment yon. laging busy.