Monday, May 12, 2008

Bluer than blue


Have you tried contemplating on the lyrics of the song "Bluer than Blue" by Michael Johnson? Last night, after a tiring day in the office, I played a cd with mellow songs to try to relax me and the first song I heard was Bluer than Blue. My mind was still active despite being tired and the lyrics of the song got into me:

"After you go I can catch up on my reading, after you go I'll have a lot more time for sleeping. And when you're gone it looks like things are gonna be a lot
easier, life will be a breeze, you know I really should be glad..."

I have experienced living with someone for almost two years, it wasn't always smooth sailing. Being together with a person who has different likes, different points of view would most likely pave for disagreements. Sometimes it's healthy not having to always agree with each other, being able to exercise your patience when discussing things, being able to measure your maturity.

But there are times when you want to just be alone... do all the things you want to do, be totally independent. It should make me happy living on my own now but to be honest... it's not. I love the independence, I love the peaceful days but as the lyrics of the song said, "the nights will sure be colder".

I'm living on my own for almost two months now, I try my best to become independent, I try to make every day pass without shedding tears but it will always be... bluer than blue.

No comments: