Sunday, May 11, 2008

The wonders of being a mother



Yesterday I sent text messages to most of the mothers I know just to greet them a happy mother's day since it is a very important day for all the mothers and that's the cheapest way I thought that can make them to at least smile for a second. Almost all of them replied and said thank you but there's one reply that hit me and made me cry. This is her reply to me:


"I pray someday in God's time you will experience the wonders of being one"
I am not married yet but I have a fiance and we've been longing to have children of our own. I have a lot of nieces and nephews since almost all of my sisters are already married. I have somehow experienced how it is to take care of children.

I have seen them smile when their children are happy and I have seen them cry when they're sick. But I am quite sure the feeling is different when it's your own child you'll be taking care of.Having children can bring out a lot of feelings... a lot of emotions. It is not always easy to raise children, it's got a lot of challenges too. But as my friend said, being a mother is "worth it".

For now, all I can do is wait for the right time and pray hard for God to give me what I desire... to be a mother someday.

No comments: