Monday, September 1, 2008

Welcome "ber" months

Last weekend wasn't so great for me since I've been having some trouble deciding about what to do with my life at this time but then when I got to the office yesterday my co-worker was playing Christmas songs from his computer and I felt excited despite being emotionally down.

It's the first "ber" month of the year, 3 more months and it's gonna be Christmas again. When I was a child, my parents see to it that we get to wear new clothes for Christmas and New Year. Right now I was thinking how they managed to do that since we were very poor that time and my father didn't have a permanent job. But they do manage and I am really proud of them. Not that it's important to have new clothes but as a child, it really made me happy.

As an adult, Christmas still gets me excited, although not as excited as when I was a child. But I still love having Christmas and New Year's feasts with my family. Enjoying sumptuous dishes, watching the happy faces of my nieces and nephews while opening their gifts and attending Christmas parties.

Those are the things I enjoy most every year and as early as this month, I'm already looking forward to the season.

Blogs That Follow

1 comment:

aybi said...

I'm always excited whenever "Ber" months begin. And my birthday is on September! Wahooo!